o Welcoming participants and guests
o Assist caregivers with electronic sign-in and sign-out of participants
o Answering the phone
o Special projects
o Companionship with the participants
o Assisting with programs and activities
o Assisting participants to dining and activities
o Assisting with set up and clean up from meals and snacks
o Assist with planning, set up, clean up, and completion
o Example events include Grand Opening, Golf, Veterans Day, Great Days of Service
Not all of our volunteers want to work closely with participants or in the office. Listed below are other gifts of service that our volunteers provide. We have volunteers who:
o Work with PCH staff at community events
o Become the PCH resource in their church or neighborhood
o Provide flowers
We invite new ideas and recommendations for other ways that our volunteers can serve our participants, caregivers, community, and staff.
• Eighteen years (18) of age
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to follow guidelines and instructions
• Committed to the PCH Culture
• Acceptance of and respect for cultural diversity
• Acceptance of and respect for different religious beliefs
• Acceptance of volunteer role within the family systems and dynamics
• Willingness to complete volunteer hour reporting
• Willingness to complete documentation for personnel file, administrative and patient care roles, and required in-services within time requirements
• Ability to be flexible with changing systems
• Ability to ask for assistance when needed
• Willingness to be coached and educated
o Online Volunteer Inquiry Form (if assistance is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org) –
o Training Certification Program Completion that includes:
– Volunteer Training and Orientation
– Virtual Dementia Tour
o Initial and annual TB Test at volunteer’s expense*
– TB tests can be done at your family physician, CVS, or the Preventative Health Clinic, 455 Grayson Hwy, Suite 400, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 (accepts insurance or $30 payment) . Click here for Registration Form.
o National Criminal History Report at volunteer’s expense*
– Please print and complete Consent Form, including social security and date of birth and fax to Tracy Dunham at 770-624-2594. For fingerprinting locations, CLICK HERE.
o PCH Culture Agreement, Photo/Media Release, and Confidentiality Agreement Documents
o Initial Medical Authorization to Volunteer and Annual Medical Questionnaire Updates
o Annual in-service requirements
* If volunteer expense is a financial burden, scholarships are available.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.